bung2kong : mimpi = bunga tidur
mimpi merupakan "pengejawantahan" dr keinginan alam bawah sadar kita, Nyu.
stp7stp : ho'oh, kan ada do'anya tuh kalo dpt mimpi baik & mimpi buruk
bung2kong : klo deep down inside kita pengen sesuatu (*terutama strong desires), bisa jadi nantinya masuk ke mimpi kita
stp7stp : tp kan katanya itu jg bisa sbg pesan......
Let's roll, Nyu^^.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Dreams are of three types: a dream from Allah, a dream which causes distress and which comes from the Shaytaan, and a dream which comes from what a person thinks about when he is awake, and he sees it when he is asleep.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)
Dreams can be classified into two, which are the true and the false.
The true dreams are the one that happens when someone is on a stable physicological conditions. They never initiated with the thoughts and desires in something that later on hoped can be seen in the dreams. While the false dreams are occur by the desires, passions and strong hopes. That kinda dreams cannot be interpreted.
According to Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar, dreams are either of two types :
1. True dreams. These are the dreams of the Prophets and of the righteous people who follow them. They may also happen to other people, but this is very rare, such as the dream of the kaafir king which was interpreted for him by Yusuf (peace be upon him). True dreams are those which come true in real life as they were seen in the dream.
2. Mixed up false dreams, which warn of something. These are of different types:
- Games of the Shaytaan to make a person distressed, such as when he sees his head cut off and he is following it, or he sees himself falling into a crisis and cannot find anyone to save him from it, and so on.
- When he sees some of the angels telling him to do something forbidden, or other things that cannot possibly make sense.
- When he sees something that happens to him in real life, or he wishes it would happen, and he sees it very realistically in his dream; or he see what usually happens to him when he is awake or what reflects his mood. These dreams usually speak of the future or the present, rarely of the past. See: Fath al-Baari , 12/352-354
So, what are the signs of a "good"/"real" dream?
- it has to be freed from the empty-meaningless dreams, and the scary-anxious hazy things.
- it can be understood once we wake up.
- we have a "high-quality" sleep. Clear minds, not burdened by any problems.
- it can be interpreted as in Lauh Mahfuz.
(Khalid al-Anbari)How far we can believe our dreams?
Hmmm...some dreams really have meanings and contain some information. But some merely our mixed thoughts or strong desires that end up as a dream. The true dreams can only be read and understood by the "dreams interpreter".
What can we do to avoid ourselves from having the false dreams?
Remember that in order to get ourselves dreaming, we have to sleep first. Hehehe (*of course^^). And in Islam, there's sleeping etiquette. Well, as long as we keep that etiquette, Insya Alloh we will not gonna encountering false dreams.
Here some explanations about sleeping etiquette by dunno who^^.The state of the mind before going to bed and the cleanness of the sleeping surroundings may have effect on the kind of the dream one will have. Our beloved prophet Muhammad (PBUH) taught Muslims sleeping etiquette, which include lying down on the right side and praying while on bed before sleeping. It is a medical fact that the heart is closer to the left hand side of the body. So, lying on the left side may obstruct breathing. In Islam, sleep is considered as a temporary death.
For the complete etiquette, check out here.
All in all, dreams can be the "signs" from Alloh to us, as a matter of good news or bad news. But dreams also can come from shaytaan. So, be careful in "understanding" it.
NOTE : read here, here and here also for the details.