"What's gonna happen if our liver has nervous systems ?"
Before answer it, let's find out the roles of the liver in our body :
1. store the iron reserves as we need, as well as a lot of vitamins and other minerals.
2. make bile to help digest the food.
3. detoxify poisonous chemicals, and that includes alcohol, beer, wine and drugs (prescribed and over-the-counter) as well as illegal substance.
4. store energy, like a battery, by stockpiling sugar (carbohydrates, glucose and fat) until we need.
5. make the blood that got to our system going even before we were born.
6. manufacture new proteins that our body needs to stay healthy and grow.
7. remove poisons from the air, exhaust smoke and chemicals we breathe.
8. make clotting factors that stop the bleeding when we accidentally prick our self.
9. help defend against the germs going into our body all the time. It takes those cold germs, flu bugs and other germs we encounter, and knock them dead - or at least weaken them.
For the complete one, see here.
Well, i couldn't agree more with Prof. Chiou when he said, "We will feel painful all the time...for the rest of our life, if we do have nervous systems in our liver". EXACTLY. Can we guarantied that our intakes (*foods, drinks...anything) are free from chemicals, preservatives, microbes, etc...etc which are harmful to our body ? No, right ?! That's why if we have nervous systems in our liver, which has the main function to detoxify the harmful substances enter our body, we will never free from the pain. Ouchhh...(*just think about it makes me got goosebumps).