Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Maher Zain 'Forgive Me' Concert 2012: The Good and The Bad

Coming earlier always gives you advantage
Last week, I happened to watch Maher Zain concert in Istora Senayan, Jakarta. I've been rooting to watch this concert since I love Maher's Forgive Me album. A lot :). Hence, I didn't think twice to buy the ticket. Moreover, I already got myself ready to watch it alone. Such a loner Walker, Texas Ranger :D! But then, Milena (~my cousin's wife) tagged along (without knowing who Maher Zain was. Ha~ XD! To make it "worse" she even thought Zayn Malik was Maher! #ROFL). Regardless, I ended up watching it with her. 

The Good
Who doesn't agree that getting a "buy one get one ticket for free" is awesome? Haha :D. Yeah, that's what I got. I was lucky to get that fantastic deal because I bought the last bargain "ticket box" just a few hours before the concert started. I bought "GOLD" seating ticket which originally costs IDR1.200.000 each. Because it's "buy one get one for free" deal, thus I paid the same price but got two tickets, one for me and another one for Milena. We've divided it and paid IDR600.000 each. 好棒, 對不對 :D?

The seat layout dan the ticket price tag
My "GOLD" seating ticket, buy one get one for free :D

The coolest thing about being a punctual person is you always get extra advantages. Errr..like what? Like, you can choose the best spot to seat. Yep, me and Milena were very fortunate to get the center spot, just direct-straight from the stage. Another awesomeness! Hence, I managed to get a perfect angle to record some videos. Guess I was born with irresistible sense of media thingy, eh? Check out some of my raw videos here:






The Bad
What do you expect when you're watching an international-ish concert? Of course a world-class atmosphere, with countless banners, flags, and the whole singer's attributes, right? But at Maher concert I barely saw those things. From Istora Senayan's main entrance, I didn't see anything. It was as plain as the cloudless sky, as if no one was getting a show. A huge disappointment! And btw, what the h*ck is "sarung cap Pohon Korma" (~the main sponsor)?! I've never heard that brand, at all. Hmm..I guess something was not right about the publicity of this not-supposed-to-be-like-this concert. Poor Maher :'(. Just as I thought, the venue was rather empty and dull because too many seats (especially the tribune seating) were not reserved. #sad

Besides that too humble appearance, I've found that the organizer was unprofessional. There were no clear directing markers/boards to show which way you should go and such. Terrible! And when I asked two people who wore Maher's T-shirt (means they were the committee or the members of the organizer) they didn't know where the Gold seating was. Tsk...double terrible!

The Conclusion
Maher during performance
All in all, even though the organizer sucked, I enjoyed the concert. Maher's perfomance was AWESOME! Seriously, he deserved a much more better concert organizer than this. And another seriously, you must buy his fantastic latest album :). It's BEAUTIFUL!

No comments: