Sunday, January 12, 2014

For Better Or Worse (part 2)

It's been a long time since my last post (*let's consider 6-month blogging absence as an awfully long time for a reason so-called "gosh-i-don't-even-have-time-to-keep-up-with-an-appropriate-social-life-due-to-this-academic frenzy"). Yeah, that's a mere start. 
-----
As for this second part of "for better or worse" post, I would actually "share" a tiny part of my marriage life. Share also means documenting this past almost-7-month marriage journey in this blog. I believe that record and documentation are part of a good traceability system (*sok gaye yang mentang2 baru belajar food traceability XD). 
-----
Source : http://steadyflowblog.com/on-marriage/
So..yeah..after almost 7 months marrying this man, I would say that I still need some adjustments. Marrying Mr. Right who shares more than 80% similar interests with you, doesn't mean everything will work just perfect. Remember there is around 20% gap to be filled and adjusted (*percentage varies between couples :)). That's just normal when a husband wants his wife to meet his perfect standard, vice versa. For example, my husband is dying to make me ride my motorcycle slower-and-safely and talk/act less bitchy (judes in Bahasa Indonesia) to others when I'm in a bad mood***. The problem is, both are things that have been marked as "so me" and definitely hard to be reversed. But you know what, we call these hard to be reversed matters as "the art of marriage". In art making, difficulty and time never counted. An artist will devote his/her life to obtain his/her art-related dreams, as in a sculptor who can spend years only to make a piece of statue. So does marriage.
-----
In my opinion, each couple needs to have a particular way of communication to be able to comprehend each other's differences. Aside from that, one needs to act as an antioxidant that will scavenge the angry free radical at an emergency situation. Both can't be mad at the same time, thus a reconciliation can occur. Well, I'm indeed still a novice in a marriage life, but I'm willing to risk anything to keep my marriage bond covalently bound, until Allah breaks the bond with HIS might.
-----

***P.S : As for me, I'm dying to make my husband t.a.l.k.s when he's mad or annoyed.

1 comment:

MamaNyu said...

hahaha... yep, just like me.. recently got reminded by DH because of my 'cool' attitude toward others. Telalu cuek.. mbok ya lihat-lihat kanan kiri kalau jalan...
Iya insyaaLlah diperbaiki sih.. tapi kan itu default. kalau pas nyungsep ke bawah sadar ya jadinya bakal cuek lagi.
Well, tapi bersyukur banget suami mau ngingetin yg begituan..